The mediator helps parties reach a solution to their problem and arrive at an outcome that both parties are happy to accept. Mediators avoid taking sides, making judgments or giving guidance; they are simply responsible for developing effective communications and building consensus between parties.
Mediation is voluntary and only occurs when both parties agree. It is a confidential process; terms of discussion are not disclosed to any party outside the mediation hearing.If parties are unable to reach agreement, they can still go to court.
Ryan Malone is the firm’s civil mediator. He has represented parties in a wide variety of litigation matters across Tennessee. His practice focused almost exclusively on nursing home and medical malpractice matters for six years. During the remainder of his legal practice, Ryan has represented clients in general liability, product liability, premises liability, workers’ compensation, and commercial litigation matters. Ryan’s firm profile can be found here and can be reached at 615-288-8011 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our goal to provide quality mediation services across the state of Tennessee at a reasonable price. Mediation fees differ slightly based on the mediator’s travel requirements.
- Mediation and reasonable preparation divided equally among the parties
- Charges for a single day of mediation will not exceed $1,800
- Includes: Davidson, Williamson, Wilson, Maury, and Rutherford Counties
- 3 or more party mediation flat fee – – $ 800 per party
- Includes: Henry, Stewart, Montgomery, Robertson, Carroll, Benton, Houston, Humphreys, Cheatham, Madison, Chester, Henderson, Decatur, Perry, Hickman, Lewis, McNairy, Hardin, Wayne, Lawrence, Giles, Marshall, Bedford, Lincoln, Coffee, Moore, Franklin, Cannon, Warren, VanBuren, Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Marion, Hamilton, Sumner, Macon, Trousdale, Smith, Jackson, Clay, Overton, Putnam, Dekalb, and White Counties
- 3 or more party mediation flat fee – $ 900 per party
- Includes: Shelby, Fayette, Hardeman, Haywood, Tipton, Pickett, Fentress, Scott, Cambell, Cumberland, Morgan, Anderson, Union, Knox, Roane, Loudon, Blount, Rhea, Megs, McMinn, Monroe, Bradley, and Polk Counties
- 3 or more party mediation flat fee – – $ 1000 per party
- Includes: Lake, Obion, Weakley, Dyer, Gibson, Lauderdale, Crockett, Claiborne, Hancock, Hawkins, Sullivan, Johnson, Graniger, Hamblen, Greene, Washington, Unicoi, Carter, Jefferson, Cocke, and Sevier Counties
Zones 2-4 are billed as comprehensive flat fees. Travel and pre-mediation preparation are included in the flat fees stated above. Lunch is provided.
CIVIL MEDIATION CANCELLATION POLICY
There is no charge for cancellations occurring more than two weeks prior to the scheduled mediation. If the mediation is cancelled at any time within two weeks of the scheduled mediation, the mediator’s actual time expended will be billed at a rate of $215 per hour divided equally among the parties. Expenses incurred will also be billed equally among the parties.